Test: 1 Day
Test of 4 skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening
Certificate: Received within 21 days
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B2 in Reading, Writing,
Speaking and Listening for:
- Minister of Religion visa (T2)
- Innovator visa
- Start-up visa
- Student visa (although UKVI requires a B1 test, some institutions require B2 — please check
with your sponsor)
Prepare for your test
There are two ISE II exam modules – Reading, Writing and Speaking, Listening.
- The Reading & Writing part of the test is 2 hours long
- The Speaking & Listening part of the test is 20 minutes long, and conducted via a Trinity
tablet device which will be set up by your personal steward
For a Secure English Language Test (SELT), both modules are taken on the same day at a UK Trinity
SELT Centre. Candidates must pass both modules for an ISE II (B2) qualification.
Visit Prepare for your ISE II test to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand
and practise for both modules.
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s Candidate
ID policy for SELTs.
- Remember to bring your topic notes, a diagram, or a mind map, if you have prepared any, to
the exam for discussion with the examiner – see Guide for Students – ISE II (SELT)
- Special needs requests
- For further visa guidance, please visit the UK government Home Office website
What do CEFR, SELT and GESE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English